Monday, April 19, 2010

Golfer lost a title, won respect all over the world

If you haven't heard of John Davis, you may want to consider him a "hero" of sorts for just doing the right thing - honesty. In a much publicized sport of golf, a little-known golfer who is a stroke away from stepping into the professional world of this sport called a penalty on himself and cost him his chance to earn it this year. Read the story and how profound his character was and how he won the hearts of many people around the world. I cheer people who are like this and he helped me remember that it pays to be honest. He may have lost something but he gained a lot for his courage to do the right thing.

"I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live." (Job 27:6)

Posted via web from Citing Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment