Thursday, May 13, 2010

Facebook, Twitter, and Parents versus Kids

Parents need to learn about the sites and devices their kids want to use, and then set strong boundaries. If you don’t know what something is or what it’s about, dive in and start using it.

I remember what Paul said to Timothy (1 Timothy 4:12) and what the definition is of being young back then was (It was age 40 and below!) when he was given that advice. I think age is nothing but a number and that parents are never too old to learn stuff this age is throwing at us. I always wonder what type of music my kid would like and if I would like it as well and learning from this piece, I really believe that we should be adventurous in learning new technology. It's fun and remember the lola in the 'Bayantel' commercial playing online games on her PC? I thought that was cool. Hip-ness has no age written on it and I can't wait my son to call me 'cool' 'cause by then I know we speak the same language and our relationship will grow stronger.

Posted via web from Born 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment