Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 10 Philippines Election (in pictures) - CNN iReport

My wife, my co-worker, and I went to the polling place early to make sure we avoid monstrous lines. I was very excited to see the Precinct Count Optical Scan or PCOS machine and how to fill up the ballot. Voting started pass 7:10 AM and I was impressed by the order the teachers and volunteers implemented to make sure voting is as easy and pain-free as possible. After I voted these are my observations:

Precinct numbers changed
I was assigned precinct number 0481-A when I registered in January 2009 but "accidentally" I found my name in another precinct (0454-A). This will be a horrible experience for voters who do not even know their precinct location.

Ballot shading area
The shading area is no bigger than 2mm x 3mm. And it was hard for me to train my felt tip marker and contain the shading within the area.

No privacy
The classroom tables were small and cramped and I could hardly fit myself (185lbs 5'8") with the ballot. It was tough voting and being careful in shading the tiny oval shaped area. Preferrably, the voting area should be arms length wide and option to stand.

Uncertainties
I don't know how sensitive the ballot was so thinking about it was an additional stress but I think that's okay. I was sweating and I was afraid I could ruin the ballot just by moistening it.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and I can't wait to see the result later. After voting, I now leave everything up to God. God bless the Philippines.

Posted via web from Born 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment